Welcome

Last year a friend inspired me to do a photo blog. Unfortunately it was not at the very beginning of the year. I have been thinking about this all year and decided this was the year that I would make it happen. I am a scrapbooker at heart and take a million pictures anyway. This blog seemed to be right up my alley. Here is to new adventure, memories and a lot of fun. Happy New Year!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1/4/11

This picture is called Hot Chocolate with Uncle Frank. Last February my Uncle died suddenly. There really isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him. I like to think we were close. He was my God Father. I once asked him what it was like to be my God Father. He said he was to young to really know what it meant. When I was young I had mentioned I wanted a pony. My Uncle bought one for me. It's name was trouble. He was cute. But, lets just say the name fit. He bucked my brother and I both off. I was scared and think that may have been the last time I rode him. To this day I like to look at horses and that is it. He also bought me my first and only French Lop for 4-h. Sadly the rabbit died before I could show him. From there we went to Mini Lops. My Uncle taught me how to play chess. Which, I was only able to win one time in my lifetime against him. He even bought a book on how to play. Needless to say it didn't help.
We were fortunate enough to have my Uncle come to Arizona in 2004. We were in the process of buying our house. He was the first family member to get to see it. He was worried about the cracks (from the house settling) We took him to Goldfield ghost town and had an old time picture taken. It hangs in our dining area with the rest of the old time pictures of other family members. When he came he bought us a set of mugs with M&M's on them. Peanut M&M's were his favorite candy. As I sit here drinking my hot chocolate from the M&M that mug  I say thank you Uncle Frank for all those memories you have given me. Thanks for sharing this morning with me.

1 comment: