Welcome

Last year a friend inspired me to do a photo blog. Unfortunately it was not at the very beginning of the year. I have been thinking about this all year and decided this was the year that I would make it happen. I am a scrapbooker at heart and take a million pictures anyway. This blog seemed to be right up my alley. Here is to new adventure, memories and a lot of fun. Happy New Year!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

There is snow in the high country today. I knew this would be the perfect picture for my first blog entry. We decided to go Tortilla Flats. This is a road that we go on with the Mini Club. Not only were we getting the perfect picture but we were also getting some curves. Double bonus! We were behind a truck from Colorado. He was of course going at a snails pace. You'd think being from Colorado he would know how to go on the curvy mountain roads. Guess not! We finally made it to Tortilla flats. The road was washed out. I wasn't about to take the Mini over the flooded wash. Low clearance. As we watched the other cars go on further, they showed the big old pot hole under the water. We found our ending spot. I was hoping for some snow photos. Unfortunately, I was unable to find them. We were headed back home and there was a scenic view spot with a great view of the desert with the snow covered peaks. Perfect! There is the picture that will start this blog. I froze half to death as it was only in the 40's to get this shot. I really hope it speaks to you like it does me. On the way back, Don was able to slip into sport mode and take some curves! What a perfect journey to start the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment